Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Floral Field

This is not my own pattern- I got it from Threadfolk who designed it in collaboration with Lauren Merrick - but I really love its simple but dense style and wanted to see if I could possibly have the patience to stitch it up. I changed a few of the colors around-made the couple brown rather than white, swapped a few colors for very similar ones in my stash- but otherwise stayed more or less true to the pattern. It was a learning experience to stitch since instead of tracing all that (my pen/hand not being fine tipped enough, it would've been a mess) I used the renowned Sulky Sticky Fabric-Solvi to print the pattern and then stick it on. Unfortunately I don't have a color printer so I used markers to mark out thread colors and...some bled through which is good to know even if it irks me a little when I look closely at this piece (but few would really look closely at this piece and not be dazzled by how many little lines are here).



No comments:

Post a Comment